Company: Heritage Masonry Ltd., 847 Viewfield Rd Unit 2, Victoria, BC V9A 4V2 — 250 891 4999 — email@example.com
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time (40 hr work week)
Overtime: As per BC Employment standards
Benefits: Extended Health, Dental, Life, Vision Care, AD&D, Long Term Disability, vacation pay and sick leave as per BC Employment Standards
Heritage Masonry is a leading Vancouver Island conservation and high-end residential build masonry company. We specialize in governmental, institutional and residential restoration of stone, terracotta, brick and concrete heritage structures and have a large group of masons in artisan residential builds of brick and natural stone full-bed, veneer and flat-work applications. We offer the full range of masonry services geared towards highly skilled tradespeople and our employees have the opportunity to gain many different skills or the opportunity to specialize.
As a Conservation Stonemason Construction Manager, you will play a pivotal role in preserving and restoring historical and cultural structures through expert stonemasonry craftsmanship and effective project management. This role combines your technical expertise in stonemasonry with the organizational skills required to oversee and execute complex conservation projects. You will lead a team of skilled artisans, ensuring that historical buildings and structures are restored to the client’s request while adhering to conservation principles and industry standards.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget.
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates.
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Direct the purchase of building materials.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders.
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors, subordinate staff, and oversee apprentice training.
- Responsible for overseeing and enforcing safety protocols to ensure the well-being of the team and the integrity of historical conservation projects.
- Proven experience as a skilled stonemason with a strong background in conservation work, including implementation of long-term conservation management plans
- Experience with the development of conservation strategies
- Project Management experience and leadership experience, with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- In-depth knowledge of masonry conservation principles and understanding of historic preservation regulations
- Extensive experience in conservation techniques, including; stone repair, brick repair and conservation, poulticing, mortar repair, pinning and armatures, stone cleaning, historic mortar analysis, specifying and creating historic mortars
- Practical experience in sculpture and art conservation preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for client interactions and team coordination
- Proficiency in using stonemasonry tools and equipment
- Previous work experience with various relevant materials
- Relevant certifications or training in stonemasonry and conservation
- Construction trade certification or relevant education/certificate
- Extensive experience in the stonemasonry/construction industry may be substituted for education requirements
- Require a minimum of five years of relevant experience
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the link below, referencing ‘Conservation Stonemason Construction Manager’ in the subject line.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. We appreciate your interest in joining our team. However, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further consideration.