($24.50 – $29.50 per hour based on experience and competency)
We have an opening for a professional Apprentice who is skilled in our trade, and whose values align with ours. We are an exceptional team to work with and we look forward to meeting our next hire.
We are a team of professionals, who take great pride in our work. We are known for our traditional, yet creative work that is top quality and built to last and with an old-fashioned work ethic, Heritage Masonry delivers friendly, honest service that exceeds expectations with signature workmanship and lasting craftsmanship.
We’ve spent over a decade forging strong relations with community, suppliers, building with integrity and honest communication. People know that when they hire us, they will get the best.
As the successful applicant you will have 2-years of masonry experience, with sound experience in at least two fields of masonry: stone, brick and/or veneer. You will be a keen learner with a high work ethic and a professional attitude. As a team member you will be keen to contribute to a tight-knit group of masonry professionals and together we will push our careers forward with the Heritage family.
*Strong interpersonal skills and clear communications (verbally and in writing) are important for this role, punctuality and good personal organisation is essential.
Total Rewards Program:
- Full-time hours and permanent employment
- Family benefits after completion of probationary period
- Pride in exceptional finished products
- Mature and inclusive environment
- Opportunity for continual growth
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Building with high competency with various masonry units and build formats;
- Following directions of masons on the build and assisting the labourers with site needs;
- Tooling joints to designated finish of mason onsite;
- Ensure masons’ work stations are prepared, well stocked and tidy;
- Staging their build areas including scaffolding;
- Following and enforcing site safety protocols;
- Hitting build benchmarks and daily build targets efficiently;
- Housekeeping site including cleaning their mixing station and mixing tools, ensuring safe access at all times, ensuring supplies are protected and in appropriate places, clearing work areas of clutter site safety and access ensured, collecting and consolidating waste and debris, protecting tools and site works;
- Ensuring site is tidy and tools are clean secured at end of shift;
- Posting daily productivity targets along with pictures of the progress to management and leads.
Heritage Masonry is a leading Vancouver Island conservation and high-end residential build masonry company. We specialize in governmental, institutional and residential restoration of stone, terracotta, brick and concrete heritage structures and have a large group of masons in artisanal residential builds of brick and natural stone full-bed, veneer and flatwork applications. We offer the full range of masonry services geared towards highly skilled tradespeople and our employees have the opportunity to gain many different skills or the opportunity to specialize.
If you would like to be our next apprentice, please submit your resume by clicking the link below.